Visa for Kenya application
The Kenya visa
Are you planning to travel to Kenya? Then you will need a visa. The Kenya visa can be easily applied for with the online application form. The cost is € 74,95 per person and the document is sent to you by e-mail after approval.
Kenya has opened its borders again for tourists and business travellers. The e-visa can now also easily be applied for online. Be prepared for your trip and read all about the coronavirus in Kenya.
How can I apply for this visa?
1. Apply for the visa
Apply for the Kenya visa by filling in the required information online.
2. Pay online
Pay safely and quickly with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or PayPal.
3. Print the visa
Receive the visa within a week, print it and take it with you to Kenya.
About the Kenya visa
Travellers that want to travel to Kenya in 2022 or 2023 require a visa to do so. A Kenya visa application can be submitted online through this website. It is not necessary to visit the Kenya embassy.
What is a Kenya visa? The Kenya visa is an electronic travel permit (also known as e-visa) which is granted by the government of Kenya. This travel permit is mandatory; travellers without a valid visa will not be allowed into the country. This travel authorisation can be acquired in a business and tourist variant. With the Kenya visa, you are permitted to stay in the country for up to 90 days.
Terms and requirements
There are a number of requirements that travellers need to meet to apply for the Kenya visa. These can be divided into requirements that relate to the application process, and requirements that relate to the actual trip to Kenya.
Requirements to qualify for the visa:
- All travellers (including children) need to possess their own passport; it needs to be valid for at least 6 more months from the moment of arrival, and contain at least one empty page
- It is only permitted to arrive in Kenya at one of the 10 selected airports, 10 selected seaports or 11 selected border crossings which can be found on the Kenya visa requirements page
- Before applying for the visa, the dates of arrival and departure must be known, and at least one accommodation in Kenya must already have been booked
- In addition to a photograph and a scan of the passport, the following documents need to be provided online:
- A booking confirmation of a hotel or resort, or a letter of invitation from a Kenyan citizen, and a scan or photo of the passport or identity card of this person
Requirements that travellers need to observe during their stay in Kenya:
- Travellers need to print the visa, as well as the bookings of the return or transit flight and the first accommodation, and keep it with the passport throughout the entire trip
- Travellers can enter Kenya a single time with the visa, for a maximum length of stay of 90 days
- Travellers cannot enter into service with a Kenyan employer without additional authorisation
- Travellers cannot pose a threat to the safety and law enforcement of Kenya
Each traveller has to apply for his or her own visa, except for children up to and including 15 years of age who are travelling to Kenya with their parents. It is also not necessary to apply if a transfer or transit is made in Kenya, during which the traveller does not leave the airport.
Kenya visa application
The visa for Kenya can be applied for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online through this website. This can be done up to 7 days before departure. To avoid potential risks, it is advised submitting the application more than two weeks before departure.
How does applying for the Kenya visa work? The procedure consists of three simple steps. First, you fill in the Kenya visa application form. Next, you make the payment, which can be done with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal. The cost of the Kenya visa is € 74,95 per person. Finally, you will be asked to upload a photograph, a scan of the passport, and a booking confirmation of the accommodation (or, when staying with friends or family, an invitation letter and a scan/photo of the passport or the identity card of the person you are visiting). After the application has been submitted, it is checked for any omissions and common mistakes (for instance, a wrongly filled in passport number). If any input errors or omissions are suspected, you will be contacted right away so you can correct the application. After approval, the Kenya visa will be sent to you via e-mail.
Submit a Kenya visa application right away. You can start your application for the Kenya visa right away. Do you have any questions? Read the frequently asked questions page. If you cannot find the answer to your question there, you can always contact our customer service, by phone or by e-mail.
Experiences with the visa for Kenya95 people rate the visa with a 9,5/10
Every thing was well put and covered and I found the process easy to follow.
I had no problems what so ever and Iʼm so relieved everything went swimmingly
The application process was easy and response was quick
e-Visa.ie is a professional visa bureau and supports travellers in acquiring a visa for Kenya. However, e-Visa.ie is in no way part of the Kenyan government. It is also possible to apply for a visa at the Kenyan immigration office ($51 per person via ecitizen.go.ke). In that case, you will be unable to use our support centre, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to resolve urgent issues and answer your questions. We also manually check applications and all provided documents for common mistakes before submitting them. We do this within 72 hours at the latest, but usually within an hour after receiving your payment. If we suspect errors or any incompleteness, we will contact you personally immediately to ensure that your application can still be processed quickly and correctly. Our services have already saved many travellers from major problems during their travels. Should an application be rejected despite our support and verification, we will refund the entire purchase cost (unless an application for an visa Kenya has been rejected for the same traveller before). Read more about our services.