To apply for the Kenya visa online, the digital application form needs to be filled in. Read here how you can fill in the form. This can be done for one or several travellers at once. Do this at least a week before departure, preferably several weeks in advance.
Step by step explanation on how to submit the Kenya visa application
In this article you will be guided step by step through the visa application process for Kenya. The procedure consists of three parts:
- Gather the required information
- Apply for the Kenya visa
- Receive the Kenya visa
On Safari, a popular activity in Kenya
1. Gather the required information
Before you start filling in the form, it is wise to gather some information. This way, the next step can be run through quickly. If a group application is submitted, less information needs to be provided. It is therefore wise to make use of this when travelling as a group.
Required per application
Regardless of the number of people for which a Kenya visa is applied for in a single form, the following information is required only once:
- Contact information of the applicant
- Date of arrival in Kenya
- Location of arrival (airport, harbour or border crossing)
- Date of departure from Kenya
- Travel purpose (tourist, business)
- Name, address and e-mail address of the first overnight stay
Required per person
After the above-mentioned information has been filled out, additional travellers can be added to the form. Per traveller it is required to fill in the following information:
- Passport information
- Function title (profession)
- Names of the parents of the traveller
- Travel history of the past 3 months
- Description of any previous trips to Kenya
- Two safety questions*
* This concerns questions which the government of Kenya asks to make an estimate on the risks involved with allowing the traveller entry into the country. It is asked whether the traveller was ever denied access to a country before and if they have ever been criminally convicted.
2. Fill in the Kenya visa application form
When all the above information has been collected for all persons for whom a visa Kenya will be applied for, the application form can be opened by pressing the button below:
Open the Kenya visa application form
In the form, you will be asked for the information as mentioned in step 1. First, the contact information and the travel details, and then the personal information. The personal information needs to be filled in separately for each traveller. When the form is opened, several input field for the first traveller are displayed. The form can be expanded for additional travellers by pressing the button "Add a traveller" at the bottom.
3. Check the information and select the payment method
After all the data in the application form for the Kenya visa has been filled in, you can click on "Apply for visa" at the bottom of the page. This will send you to the control page. Here, all of the filled in information will be displayed again. It is important to closely read all of the information to correct any potential mistakes. Pay extra attention to the passport number and other information copied from the passport. Checking of the Kenya visa is based on the passport number; if it is not copied 100% correctly, it can lead to the traveller not being able to pass the passport check after arrival in Kenya.
If all of the filled in information is correct, the desired payment method can be selected at the bottom of the control page. The cost can be paid with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal.
4. Making the payment and providing the documents
After selecting the desired payment method, you will be forwarded from the control page to the payment environment of your bank. After completing the payment, you return to this website. Next, each traveller for whom a Kenya visa is being applied for will be asked to upload three documents:
- A scan of the passport
- A passport photo
- A booking confirmation
The scan of the passport needs to be of the information page which shows the personal information of the traveller. The passport photo needs to be in colour and cannot be a cutout of the photo in the passport.
The booking confirmation can be one of the following three documents:
- A confirmation of the booking of the transit or return flight out of Kenya
- A confirmation of the booking of a hotel, camping, resort or other accommodation in Kenya
- A letter of invitation from a Kenyan organisation or a person with the Kenyan nationality
After uploading these files, the application is processed immediately.
5. Receive the Kenya visa
After uploading all the necessary documents as described above, the Kenya visa is processed by the immigration office. As soon as the application is approved, you receive an e-mail and a text message. The e-mail contains a link with which the Kenya visa can be downloaded. It is important that the visa is printed and that each traveller carries their own visa with their passport during the trip to Kenya.