Visa for Indonesia application
Since 2020, it is a compulsory to have a visa to travel to Indonesia. You can apply online for your tourist visa or your business visa for Indonesia with an application form in English. The price is € 64,95 per person (see specification).
How do I apply for my Indonesia visa?
1. Fill in the form
You will only need a few minutes to fill in the online form for the Indonesia visa.
2. Pay the costs
Pay quickly and easily for your visa application with credit card o Paypal.
3. Get your visa
After approval, you will inmediately receive your visa by e-mail.
Information about the Indonesia visa
¿Do I need an Indonesia visa? All travellers visiting Bali or another Indonesian island in 2023 or 2024 need a visa. Only travelelrs from certain Asian countries are exempted. If you are a UK national, you will need a visa to visit Indonesia. This is also true for travellers from UE countries and Switzerland. Minors must also have a valid visa to enter Indonesia.
What do I need to do to apply for my visa? In 2022, Indonesia introduced the so-called e-visa. This visa can be applied for online and is suitable to travel to all Indonesian islands, including the popular tourist destination of Bali. You can apply by filling out an online form and submitting a number of documents in digital format. Once granted, you will receive your visa by email in PDF format. Since you will need to show your visa on arrival in Indonesia, you will need to print it out. It is also possible to apply for the visa at the Indonesian embassy, or upon arrival at the airport. However, applying online is in most cases the simplest way to obtain your visa.
It is not longer possible to make a short stay without a visa
Until 2020, travellers from UK and a number of other countries could travel to Indonesia and stay for up to 30 days without a visa. Since 2020, travellers from those countries are required to have a visa, even for a short stay. As the visa for Indonesia can now be applied for online, it is still very easy to visit islands such as Bali, Java or Lombok.
Validity and length of stay
The Indonesia visa that you can apply for on this website allows a tourist or business stay of up to 30 days. After arrival, the maximum stay can be extended once, up to a total of 60 days.
From the moment your visa application is approved, you have 90 days to travel to Indonesia. However, you can submit your visa application as long before departure as you want. If you apply for your visa more than 60 days before departure, your application will be put on hold, and automatically processed 60 days before your trip. In this way, you can be sure that your visa will be valid during your trip. This also allows you to travel to Indonesia 60 days before and 30 days after the departure date you entered in the application form.
Requirements for using the visa
If you want to travel to Bali or any other part of Indonesia with a visa, you need to consider a number of requirements. To be eligible for the online visa, you must meet a series of requirements, both at the time of applying and throughout your whole stay in Indonesia. These requirements include:
- You must be a UK national or a national of an UE country. Travellers from Switzerland can also apply for the visa, as well as travellers from these countries.
- You must hold a regular passport, valid for at least 6 months at the time of departure from Indonesia. An emergency passport or residence permit cannot be used to apply for a visa.
- At the time of arrival in Indonesia, you must already be able to show a ticket for your return or transit journey.
- Your purpose of travel may be tourism or business. You may not be employed by an Indonesian employer or act as a speaker at events in Indonesia.
- You must be able to prove that you have sufficient financial resources to cover your entire stay in Indonesia.
Apply for the Indonesia visa
If you meet all the requirements, you can apply for the e-visa Indonesia online. The application process consists of three simple steps that can be completed fully online.
- Fill in the online form. First, you must fill in the online application form. On this form you will be asked for your contact details, passport details and some data related to your trip. Fill in the form carefully so that the inspection of your visa application goes smoothly.
- Pay for the costs. After filling in the application form, pay the costs for your Indonesia visa application. You can choose from several secure payment methods, including credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Upload the required documents online Finally, you will be asked to provide a number of documents. This step can be easily completed online, too. Make sure you have a digital passport photo and a digital copy of your passport saved on the computer, laptop or smartphone you will use to submit the application.
Once you have submitted your application, an English-speaking visa specialist at e-Visa.ie will check the form you have filled in and the documents you have provided. Is everything correct? Then your application will be forwarded to the immigration service in Indonesia, who will decide if your visa is granted or not. If your e-visa is granted, you will receive it by e-mail. You will then be able to download your visa, print it and take it with you on your trip to Indonesia.
Travellers about the Indonesia visa
137 people rate the visa with a 9,6/10
Duidelijke uitleg. Makkelijk in te vullen. En snel beoordeeld. Van iedere stap wordt je op de hoogte gehouden.
Zeer efficiënt en duidelijk. Uitzonderlijk snelle afhandeling en resultaat. Prima service, zeker aan te bevelen.
Duidelijke en overzichtelijke vraagstelling waardoor "gemakkelijk" geantwoord kan worden. Resultaat: snelle positieve beoordeling.
e-Visa.ie is a commercial and professional visa agency, and supports travellers in obtaining, among others, the Indonesia visa. e-Visa.ie acts as an intermediary and is in no way part of any government. You can also apply for a visa directly with the immigration service (60 EUR per visa, via molina.imigrasi.go.id). However, not with our level of support. If you submit your application via e-Visa.ie, our support centre is available to you 24/7. In addition, we manually check your application and all the documents you provide before submitting it to the immigration authorities on your behalf. If we suspect any errors or omissions while doing so, we will personally contact you to ensure that your application can still be processed quickly and correctly. To use our services, you pay us 60 EUR in consular fees, which we pay to the immigration service on your behalf, as well as € 4,95 in service fees as compensation for our services, including VAT. Our services have saved many travellers from major problems during their trip. Should an application be rejected despite our support and verification, we will refund the full purchase price (unless an application for a previous Indonesia visa was rejected for the same traveller). Read more about our services here.